MXN: Mexican peso
Looking forward to vacationing in Cancun? We can’t blame you! This Mexican city on the Yucatán peninsula is what vacation dreams are made of. But before you say “See ya later, work!” and “Hello, vacation life!” read on to get some Cancun travel tips.
What is Cancun, Mexico known for?
- Beaches: Cancun’s beaches alone are reason enough to vacation here. Playa Delfines is the most visited beach in Cancun by tourists and locals alike. The most famous beach might be Tulum Ruins beach where you’ll have Mayan ruins as your beach day backdrop.
- Nightlife: From bass-thumping dance floors to DJ-spun pool parties, you’ll have your pick of all that and more with a stroll down Kukulcan Boulevard in the hotel zone. Coco Bongo is one of the best clubs in Cancun with aerial acrobatic shows and live music.
- Cenotes: These natural limestone pools are the perfect sanctuary from the hectic Hotel Zone, Some of the best cenotes near Cancun are located along Ruta De Centoes close to Puerto Morelos.
- Mayan Ruins: Maya city of Chichen Itza is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and worth the 2.5-hour drive to get a glimpse of this ancient culture and their pyramids.
Where should I stay when visiting Cancun?
It really depends on what kind of time you want to have when vacationing in Cancun. See below to see what type of vacay and Cancun hotels speak to you:
- Family style: The all inclusive Cancun resorts like those found in the Zona Hotelera area are ideal for families or those that want all the amenities and conveniences. Hotels like Grand Oasis Cancun - All Inclusive and the Grand Fiesta Americana Coral Beach Cancun are both excellent choices.
- Beach Party: Sometimes you need to cut loose with other party people. If that’s the case then check into and check out the good times at Crown Paradise Club - All Inclusive or Secrets The Vine Cancun (Adults Only).
- Beyond the Beach: If you get just slightly away from the Zona Hotelera area, you’ll find a more laid-back, and authentic Mexico experience. If his sounds good to you check out hotels like Desire Riviera Maya Pearl Resort or Haven Riviera Cancun.
So, when you’re thinking about vacationing in Cancun, let us help you get a great deal on Cancun vacation packages with airfare. We hope your next trip to Cancun is one you’re going to love!
Cancun at a glance
Discover the best beaches
We love Playa Delfines, Puerto Morelos and Playa Tortugas
Amazing all inclusive resorts
Food, drinks and many activities are all included in Cancun's top all inclusive resorts
Top attractions to visit
The Cancun Underwater Museum, The Scenic Tower & Xcaret
Must-visit historical sites
A day trip to the Mayan Ruins of Chichén Itzá is a must
Hit the nightlife & bar scene
Cancun's nightlife is a Spring Break favorite
Popular with couples
Amazing adult-only hotels make Cancun ideal for a couples retreat
Things to do in Cancun
Things to do in Cancun
Cancun vacations 2020
Just relaxing on Cancun’s soft white beaches will guarantee a satisfying vacation, and many of the city’s Hotel Zone accommodation options offer privacy on private beaches.
If you’d like to pick up gifts or souvenirs, head to the market where you can haggle for the best prices.
Visit Cancun’s Interactive Aquarium and get up close and personal with marine life. Alternatively, view the historical Mayan ruins at Chichen Itza and Tulum.
Cancun is a top-class spa destination, with a choice of many different spa resorts. Many of these offer treatments that blend contemporary beauty therapy with traditional Mayan healing. Treat yourself to a steam bath or a botanical body wrap. Cancun also contains various yoga studios, in which you can study Ashtanga and Bikram styles.
Head to Isla Mujeres
If you’d like a day trip, consider boarding a boat to Isla Mujeres, or the ‘Island of Women,’ and take in the loveliness of the Yucatan Peninsula. Isla Mujeres is a picturesque spot not far off Cancun’s coast. The island offers stunning beaches, nature tours, swimming with dolphins, encountering whale sharks, and even seeing endangered sea turtles at the Turtle Farm.
What our local experts say
Top 5 destinations for first time all inclusive travellers
All inclusive holidays are a brilliant way to enjoy a stress-free holiday! You get to keep control of your budget, with flights, accommodation, meals and drinks all included. You might even get some extras, such as kids’ clubs or some sports activities. With the major expenses all covered, you can ...Continue reading
Our top 5 foods on the UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage ...
At the end of 2017, UNESCO officially acknowledged what all us pizza fanatics have always known: nothing compares to Neapolitan pizza. The art of ‘pizzaiuoli’ – the traditional practice of pizza-making that originated in Naples – is now inscribed on the Intangible Cultural Heritage List. It’s in good company: other cuisines ...
Most popular hotels in Cancun
- Quintana Roo
- Quintana Roo
- Quintana Roo
Your Cancun questions answered
The best time to go to Cancun is between December and April. With temps in the 80s F, these are the best months to go to Cancun, but there may also be peak crowds during this time.
All hotels in Cancun
5 Star Hotels in Cancun
- Riu Caribe All Inclusive
- Golden Parnassus Resort and Spa All Inclusive (Adults Only)
- Riu Palace Las Americas All Inclusive - Adults Only
- Seadust Cancun Family Resort All Inclusive
- Riu Cancun
- Riu Palace Península
- Hard Rock Hotel Cancun
- Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancún - All Inclusive - Adults Only
- Grand Oasis Cancun - All Inclusive
- Grand Park Royal Luxury Resort Cancun
- GR Solaris Cancun & Spa - All Inclusive
- GR Caribe By Solaris Deluxe All Inclusive Resort
- The Ritz-Carlton, Cancun
- Omni Cancun Hotel & Villas All Inclusive
- The Royal Sands Resort & Spa
- Nizuc Resort and Spa
- The Pyramid at Grand Oasis
- Grand Fiesta Americana Coral Beach Cancun
- Dreams Playa Mujeres Golf & Spa Resort - All Inclusive
- Atelier Playa Mujeres All Inclusive
- Riu Palace Costa Mujeres-All Inclusive
- Majestic Elegance Costa Mujeres – All Inclusive
4 Star Hotels in Cancun
- Oleo Cancun Playa Boutique Resort
- Temptation Cancun Resort All Inclusive Adult-Only
- Crown Paradise Club - All Inclusive
- Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive
- Beachscape Kin Ha Villas & Suites
- Grand Oasis Palm
- Flamingo Cancun Resort
- Hotel NYX Cancun
- Royal Solaris Cancun All Inclusive
- Emporio Cancun
- All Ritmo Cancun Resort and Waterpark