Cheap Dominican Republic Vacations 2020
If you dream of tropical destinations where there’s more to do than just lying on the beach, then you’re going to love a Dominican Republic getaway. Stunning beaches, warm water, mountain scenery, and colonial architecture—what’s not to love? Read on to find the best time to visit, things to do, and how to get a cheap Dominican Republic vacation package.
What is the best area to stay in the Dominican Republic?
Below are some of the most popular areas and what they are known for.
- Punta Cana: This easternmost area of the island is home to incredible all inclusive resorts in the Dominican Republic like Majestic Elegance and Caribe Club. Plus, this area has some of the best beaches in the Dominican Republic, like Bavaro Beach.
- Samana: With its waterfalls and lush, green mountains the landscape is breathtaking. Nature lovers will appreciate humpback whale watching opportunities between January and March. Looking for a home base? We suggest the Bahia Principe Grand El Portillo, a 5-star hotel.
- Cabarete: If you want to let loose on your Dominican Republic vacation, then this is where the party is at. The area is also a big draw for water sports enthusiasts. All inclusive resorts like the Viva Wyndham Tangerine Resort are just steps from the beach.
What is there to do in the Dominican Republic?
A lot! These are just a few of the many things to do in The Dominican Republic:
- Visit Santa Domingo: This 500-year-old town, one of the Dominican Republic’s major cities, houses tons of UNESCO heritage sites.
- Live the luxe life: For the ultimate in pampering, you can book a stay at a 5-star all inclusive resort in Punta Cana like Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino and wine and dine your vacation away.
- Explore Los Haitises National Park: This park in Samana Bay is perfect when you want to retreat to unbridled nature. There are a number of Taino caves that beg to be explored.
How can I find Dominican Republic travel deals?
We have great deals on Dominican Republic flights, hotels, and vacation packages. On a budget? We have Low Down Payment and Pay Monthly options, so you don’t have to wait to take your trip. Search our site and book a vacation that you’ll love!
Why book Dominican Republic vacations
Discover the best beaches
We love Bavaro Beach, Playa Dorada & Boca Chica Beach
Amazing all inclusive resorts
The Dominican Republic is a top spot for all inclusive vacations
Lush natural wonders
Expect stunning waterfalls, tropical forests...and even flocks of flamingos!
Hit the nightlife & bar scene
Santo Domingo is your party hotspot here!
Perfect for climbing, hiking, mountain-biking, windsurfing & more
Must-visit historical sites
Visit Alcazar de Colon: the oldest European city in the New World
Top resorts in Dominican Republic
If you’re seeking an idyllic beach vacation, Boca Chica in the Dominican Republic is a great choice. The town has …From $213 per person
A Santo Domingo vacation is the perfect blend of city life and natural beauty, all in one unforgettable package. Santo Domingo …From $192 per person
Situated on the south side of the Dominican Republic, Juan Dolio is a small coastal town which has become popular …From $350 per person
Samana in Dominican Republic, Caribbean …From $198 per person
The resort town of Cabarete is situated on the northern coast of the Dominican Republic. Renowned for its huge waves, …From $353 per person
Santiago De Los Cabelleros
Santiago De Los Cabelleros in Dominican Republic, Caribbean …From $333 per person
Your guide to Dominican Republic vacations
Things to do in Dominican Republic
There's so much to do in the Dominican Republic. After you’ve spent time in the old cobbled streets of Santo Domingo and absorbed its historical culture, why not explore the country’s natural splendor? From the intimate indulgence of Costa Dorada to the old-world loveliness of Samana, there’s plenty for the whole family to enjoy.
On the north east coast, you’ll find Samana. In Samana Bay, scores of whales arrive for the mating season, between January and March. Puerto Plata is a favorite resort in the Republic. Situated near Costa Dorada, it has many beaches. Two of the more well-known, Bahia Maimon and Playa Dorada, are must-sees on a trip here.
Explore Punta Cana
Two of the Dominican Republic’s most famous resorts, Bavaro and Uvero Alto, are located in Punta Cana. Uvero Alto is a wonderful choice if you want a relaxed family-friendly resort, while Bavaro's dreamlike beaches offer white sand, coral reefs and calm waters – perfect for snorkeling.
If you prefer a high-energy vacation, why not try jet-skiing, windsurfing or parasailing? These are just some of the many available watersports in the Dominican Republic. Away from the beach you’ll find both golf and tennis facilities, and thrill-seekers can try out the dune buggies and zipliners.
Most popular Dominican Republic hotels
- Dominican Republic
Dominican Republic weather
Your Dominican Republic questions answered
Though there are seemingly endless days of near-perfect weather, the best months to visit are between December and April, which is the dry season and when the island is at its busiest.